To all miners,
On September 20th (UTC time), issue #500 occurred on Khala network at block height #426612, which unfortunately caused some Workers to extend the Stake lock-up time. Phala team immediately fixed the issue after receiving feedback.
However, due to Issue #500, 102 Workers’ $PHA were locked up and have not been released since.
Therefore, as a representative of miners, I initiated the following compensation proposal in the interests of miners that were affected by Issue #500.
The details of Issue #500 are as follows:
Because the Release state is overwritten, the Worker will freeze the Stake if it is repeatedly added to the new Pool after CD state is Removed.
Affected block interval #426612 (September 20th, UTC) to #519294 block (October 6th, UTC)
After the official emergency fix, Issue #500 was prevented from ever happening again. A method was found to release the locked $PHA of these 102 Workers.
I recommended that the Phala team take a snapshot of all accounts affected by Issus #500 and completes the compensation distribution through a voting of a referendum.
If you used Remove Worker and added to the new Pool before the fix but you cannot confirm- please Withdraw immediately so that you can gather information during the snapshot. The list of snapshots will be announced after the proposal is passed.
Due to Issus #500, a total of 102 Workers' Stake lock periods have been extended. During the lock-up period, the abnormally-locked $PHA should obtain the corresponding staking income. According to the current average ~20% APY of Khala network, from 9/20 to 11/13 (a total of 54 days) around 3% of staking income should have been obtained.
I hope to compensate for an additional 2% on the basis of the 3% of staking income. In total, the affected account will receive an income compensation of 5% of the locked up amount. According to this proposal, I will initiate a referendum and have it reviewed by the Council. Compensation will be distributed according to the final snapshot list after it is passed by the community voting.
Core Phala Mining Leader