Date: 1st October 2022
Requested: 94,691.0621 PHA
Short description: Ongoing costs for the running of high performance, scalable, and reliable public infrastructure for Phala.
Service Details and Enhancements
During the last quarter, we've focused on three key areas for the development of OnFinality - cost optimization, network expansion, and providing more value from our Ultimate API service.
The bear market has made many of our customers more price sensitive, and as such we've been working with them to optimise our services to provide more for less. We've reduced prices for our larger customers between 30 and 40%, and created products designed to target and onboard new chains with entry level pricing. We've also been working on new rate limiting capabilities to progressively restrict abusers of our public APIs to upgrade to paid API plans.
Finally, providing move value from our Ultimate API service has always been a priority, and in this space we've added new API specific paid plans at competitive prices to our competition. We have also delivered the ability for our customers to better understand and learn about their users, with API Insights that tell you where your users are, what they are requesting, what methods are failing (to find bugs in your dApp), and where optimisations can occur.
Additionally, we are proud to have delivered some key service enhancements that benefit the ecosystem in the last quarter. This includes:
- API Insights so you can analyse and learn about your API applications faster and find bugs with your dApp
- Cost optimisations to reduce pricing for our customers by up to 40%
- New API plans for our high usage customers and a way to allocate resource to move towards a more sustainable funding model
- Support for Alibaba Cloud to provide more decentralised cloud hosting options for our customers
- Updates to our website to include a new Network marketplace so you can see what networks are supported
- Support for new layer 1s - Avalanche and Juno (in Cosmos)
- A variety of improvements to our health metric collection tools and automated recovery scripts to ensure our 99.9% SLA is exceeded.
- Scale improvements to our team, processes, and systems to allow us to provide this same service to any substrate team
You can always see live data on our API service on our public status page and analytics page.
Hi OnFinality team, thank you for the contribution! We are glad to accept your apply this time because we didn't set any certain rules.
After the discussion with our council, here're some suggestions for the next payroll apply to the treasury:
- We are glad to see the bill sent within 2 weeks when the invoice generated
- The $PHA should be calculated as 30 days average price before the time you update the proposal
These rules will fit any treasury proposal afterward, not just your team.